Young children learn about experiences from what they hear. Positive perceptions of visits to the dentist start at home. Saying positive things about dental appointments and educating them on the importance of oral health from an early age will help get your child to the dentist without too much dispute or hassle.
At City Central Dental, our friendly team will make sure your child feels relaxed, comfortable and safe in their environment. We offer gap-free check-ups with your private health care provider for pre-schoolers and school age children.
Tips for your child’s dental visit:
- Try and book their appointment early in the day as they may be tired in the afternoon.
- Start educating your children about the importance of oral health from a young age. There are many ways to do this at home through fun and educational songs or videos.
- Arrive earlier than your appointment so that you and your child can settle into the environment.
- Allow the dentist and/or dental assistant to take control of the appointment.
Gap free dental. Why wouldn’t you?
Regular visits to the dentist from a young age help detect and prevent problems with your teeth. We understand that this can be a costly commitment which is why we offer gap free dental check-ups* with your private health insurance provider. The preventative dental treatment appointment includes an exam, clean and x-rays if required. 3 in 10 people delayed or avoided a visit to the dentist due to cost. Gap free dental provides a solution to the cost, making it more affordable for you to see your dentist.
Why are preventative dental check-ups important?
- 1 in 4 children aged 5 to 10 have untreated tooth decay in their primary teeth.
- 42% of all children aged 5 to 10 have experienced tooth decay in their primary teeth (‘baby teeth’)
- 1 in 25 Australians aged 15 and over have no natural teeth.
- 3 in 10 adults ages 25 to 44 have untreated tooth decay.
Statistics sourced from:
Does your child need a visit to the dentist? City Central Dental provide a friendly and comfortable environment for your children to get their teeth checked. Give us a call on 08 8231 9922 or book an appointment online.